Surrounded by countryside with outside dining and wild swimming.
Cuddle up inside with cosy wood fires and crispy comfy beds.
What could be better?
We have 3 cottages: The Glorious Guest House sleeps 6, Romantic Rose Cottage sleeps 2-4 and Fairytale Swan Cottage sleeps 2. All can be easily booked instantly through Airbnb, simply use the blue links below.
The Glorious Guest House - ideal for families and friends
The Glorious Guest House has 4 bedrooms (2 double, 2 single) 2 bathrooms with baths and showers, your own private moated BBQ island
It's enchanting, cosy and sleeps six in comfort, with woodburner and outside dining. A real home from home, it even has continental breakfast ready for your first morning!
Secluded and safe for children, we have a travel cot and high chair on request.
Romantic Rose Cottage because you did promise her a rose garden!
Romantic Rose Cottage has 1 double bedroom plus lounge sofabed. Induction range cooker with ice maker in the fridge freezer plus private garden with your own yoga studio and outside dining area
Enjoy a secluded BBQ with private dining or cuddle up with the cosy log burner. One luxurious double bed and a high-end double sofa bed, it is ideal for a couple with one child or a furry friend.
The kitchen has an ice maker, washer/dryer, induction range and huge fridge/freezer - perfect for a long stay for people who love cooking!
Fairytale Swan Cottage for a dreamlike getaway?
Fairytale Swan Cottage has one double bedroom with sofa bed in lounge, and luxury bath in bedroom as well as shower room
This is where you come to switch off, drop out and discover another you! This really is a cosy romantic hideaway in the middle of nowhere but still close to Aldeburgh, Southwold and the famous Shingle St beach.
The bath in the bedroom will add a little luxury to reading the Sunday newspapers!
All our properties include:
- 75 acres of new woodland, meadowland and ponds for you to explore and picnic within
- a warm welcome to all dogs who are allowed in all the rooms (we don't ask you to collect after them unless on paths)
- wild swimming in our natural clay pond from a swimming platform with ladder
- high end pocket sprung mattresses with crispy white cotton linen
- high quality lemon and bergamot toiletries in every bathroom including moisturiser and bar/liquid soaps
- a generous welcome pack with cereal, bread, butter and jam as well as coffee, tea, sugar and milk of course
- high bandwidth Internet free of charge
- infinite wood for BBQ and woodburner
- free tour of Letheringham Lodge
- and best of all wild swimming!!
Plan of our 75 acre grounds
The cottages are surrounded by 75 acres of our grounds. These are laid out as a new forest and grassland. We are managing this land in order to create a diverse wildflower haven for birds and bees.
There are lots of places to picnic and BBQ. We provide some portable fire pits to allow you to make a safe fire where you wish.
It takes about an hour to walk around the border. Dotty our Sprocker Spaniel will show you around if you are up for a walk!
Our Local Guide Book
If you would like to see what is available in the area around Letheringham Lodge please have a look at our guide book. We try to keep it up-to-date. It is a list of places we have enjoyed, we have politely left out some we have not!
Guidebook - Short version PDF. (3 Mbytes)
If you have any questions please don't hesitate to contact us.