Scent blending and candle-making workshop
‘The fabled musk deer searches the world over for the source of the scent from which it is derived’
Ramakrishna Paramahamsa 1836
- Interested in discovering a scent that might describe you?
- Interested in discovering the secrets of candle-making?
- Interested in discovering a new hobby which is almost guaranteed to become an obsession?
Every month, loggique offers an in-depth scented candle-making course:
You will learn about:
- the pros and cons of synthetically produced scents versus essential oils
- the art of blending scents to ensure the best potpourri smell as well as the optimum scent throw
- which scents are available from whom and at what price
- what natural waxes are available and which ones are best for which type of candle
- where the best suppliers to source wax in small quantities and wholesale
- the best method for correct wicking: example slab tests
- where to source containers and lids, boxes and labels.
In summary, you will learn everything you need to know to make professional scented container candles for yourself and for gifts. This specific course does not cover selling candles professionally as a start-up business.
Cost including refreshments, course manual and your two 30cl candles with silver lids: £98
The programme in detail
2.00-2.30 p.m. You’ll cross the moat into a warm Jacobean kitchen and select your favourite tea or cuddle up to the bean-to-cup coffee machine.
You might be tempted with a few naughty nibbles (we have to keep our strength up!!) whilst we all settle into the magical afternoon together.
Some people will be coming from a long way, so it will be nice to wait for them whilst we sit, nibble and smell delightful candles!
By the way, this is when you popped on a lab coat and checkout your sexy latex gloves (yes, you can take them home!).
Off we go
2.30 p.m. Getting to grips with the materials
- You'll smell a carefully selected range of scented container candles which include both synthetic fragrances and essential oils.
- You’ll discover all about the plethora of natural waxes on the market (we won’t even mention paraffin wax as it is highly carcinogenic in confined spaces).
- You’ll learn how to blend the scents.
- You’ll learn all about the joys of wicking (e.g. slab testing) and place your wick in the glass container so you are ready for the big pour down.
- You’ll pour your first candle with your carefully blended scent! This is where the obsession is likely to start.
Tea and self-congratulation
4.00 p.m. another cuppa with a naughty nibble.
Assuming you can take your eyes away from watching your candle set, we take a little break for another cuppa and possibly another naughty nibble (your strength needs reviving) and then we make another candle together. This time we are going for a new scent, colouring the wax and taking a few risks (creatively not H&S!!!)
It’s all in the presentation
Our first candles will have set and now we cut the wick, label up and choose from a number of different packaging options: creating your own presentation label and deciding between cellophane or perfectly fitting box.
5.30 p.m. You have made your first two professionally produced scented candles to take home and enjoy.
Easy on-line booking with PayPal or a debit/credit card
Cancelling - Ts & Cs
If things crop up that you weren’t planning, don’t panic we will try our best to work something out:
- if you cancel 30 days or more before your workshop we are more than happy to refund you completely because we usually have a waiting list so no problems.
- if you cancel between 14 and 28 days before your workshop, we’re really happy for you to select another date from our schedule.
- if you cancel within 14 days, we will send you a selection of three of our finest scented candles with a handwritten card to say who much we missed you! Fair’s fair!